Kate’s experience and skills will be of value to you if you’re interested in setting up a glamping or other alternative hospitality accommodation business and are:
Fact-finding about the industry, developments, and set up process
Want to know if your land or site is suitable
Want input or evaluation on business plan figures
Want ideas and input on creating a unique offer, business model, or unique selling point
Want a turn-key service to creating a glamping business
1. Glampsites and Resort Developments
There are many decisions and variables to deal with at every stage of the process so if you need selective input at just one stage, or a turnkey service, Kate and her team can support on all, or some, of the following:
- Suitability of the site in question (requires a visit to the proposed area and location).
- Potential target demographics / guest profile.
- Choice, design and placement of accommodation structures, reliable suppliers.
- Guidelines on relative planning requirements, provision of professional supporting letters.
- Choice, design and placement of facilities, reliable suppliers.
- Services of trusted professionals – planning / business plan / finance consultants, construction contractors, landscapers, insurers. H&S Site Report for insurer.
- Potential rental fees and occupancy rates.
- Contemporary, competitive, creative solutions to develop a ‘unique selling point’.
- Interior Design, themes, styles, furnishings, fittings, reliable suppliers.
- Exterior Design, outside leisure space, site layout and development.
2. Marketing & Booking, Relevant to Your Particular Accommodation, Site and U.S.P.
- Digital marketing, website design, PR, social media.
- Booking systems – either on your own website and / or via other online platforms.
- Photography and videography.
3. Review Existing Performance
If you already own an accommodation business that isn’t performing as it should, it might be time for a review. Guest expectations are changing and the hospitality industry is evolving, making it more important than ever to maintain a competitive offer. Sometimes, however, this situation requires an impartial assessment, Kate can identify weak areas and provide a plan of action to get occupancy rates and rental fees back on track. Her review service includes:
- Full on-site assessment, covering every detail of the accommodation and site
- Hospitality health check
- U.S.P. audit
- Review of occupancy rates and rental fees
- Critique of existing website / marketing platforms / PR
An initial conversation, lasting around half an hour, is usually enough time to discuss the project, concept,or issue, and decide if there is potential to work together, there is no fee for this. After this, the advice & design services are totally flexible so you can select the level of input you need.
UK projects: Fees are usually charged per half day for site appraisals, plus expenses. Should you wish to retain Kate’s support ongoing, an hourly rate, or retaining consultancy service package can be agreed upon. Please get in touch to arrange an initial site appraisal.
International projects: Fees are usually charged per day plus expenses / travel, depending on the nature and size of the scope. After this an hourly rate, or retaining consultancy service package can be agreed upon. Please get in touch to discuss the best option for your project.
Kate is particularly keen to use her experience to help small, international ecotourism developments, especially in developing countries, if you are involved with such a project and would like Kate’s input, please make contact, providing as much initial information as you can about the proposed project.
We appreciate that confidentiality can be important, it is therefore assured from first contact. NDA’s signed where required.
For more information, or to reserve a no-fee telephone consultation please complete the contact form: