Kate’s experience and skills will be of value to you if you are:
Fact-finding about setting up a glamping business
Want to know if your land or site is suitable
Want to know if the figures in your business plan stack up
Want ideas about creating a unique glamping, or other alternative holiday accommodation
Want a turn-key service to creating a glamping business
1. Glampsites and Resort Developments
There are many decisions and variables to deal with at every stage of the process so if you need selective input at just one stage, or a turnkey service, Kate and her team can support on all, or some, of the following:
- Suitability of the site in question (requires a visit to the proposed area and location).
- Potential target demographics / guest profile.
- Choice, design and placement of accommodation structures, reliable suppliers.
- Guidelines on relative planning requirements, provision of professional supporting letters.
- Choice, design and placement of facilities, reliable suppliers.
- Services of trusted professionals – planning / business plan / finance consultants, construction contractors, landscapers, insurers. H&S Site Report for insurer.
- Potential rental fees and occupancy rates.
- Set-up costs.
- Contemporary, competitive, creative solutions to develop a ‘unique selling point’.
- Interior Design, themes, styles, furnishings, fittings, reliable suppliers.
- Exterior Design, outside leisure space, site layout and development.
2. Marketing & Booking, Relevant to Your Particular Accommodation, Site and U.S.P.
- Digital marketing, website design, PR, social media.
- Booking systems – either on your own website and / or via other online platforms.
- Photography and videography.
3. Review Existing Performance
If business is slowing down it might be time for a review. Guest expectations are changing and glamping is rapidly evolving, making it more important than ever to maintain a competitive offer. Sometimes, however, this situation requires an impartial assessment. Kate can identify weak areas and provide a plan of action to get occupancy rates and rental fees back on track. Her review service includes:
- Full on-site assessment, covering every detail of the accommodation and site
- Hospitality health check
- U.S.P. audit
- Review of occupancy rates and rental fees
- Critique of existing website / marketing platforms / PR
An initial conversation, lasting around half an hour, is usually enough time to discuss the project, concept or issue, enabling us to decide if there is potential to take things forward and work together. There is no fee for this initial consultation. After this, the advice & design service is totally flexible so you can select the level of input you need.
UK projects: An initial site appraisal is usually around £300 + expenses, depending on the size of the project. After this a retaining consultancy service, hourly rate, or package can be agreed upon. Please get in touch for details.
International projects: Fees are usually charged per day plus expenses / travel, depending on the nature and size of the scope, please get in touch to discuss the best option for your project.
Kate is particularly keen to use her experience to help international ecotourism developments, especially in developing countries, if you are involved with such a project and would like Kate’s input, please make contact, providing as much initial information as you can about the proposed project.
Confidentiality is important and assured from first contact, with NDA’s signed where required.
For more information, or to reserve a no-fee telephone consultation please complete the contact form: