As an experienced and independent glamping business advisor, Kate prides herself on providing sound,
impartial advice. Monitoring potential industry developments also enables her to ‘future proof’ projects that she is involved with.
She can also create a diverse choice of ‘unique selling points’ for your project, or review an existing glamping business –
increasingly important as the market becomes more competitive.
1. Glampsites and Resort Developments
There are many decisions and variables to deal with at every stage of the process, if you need objective input at any point Kate’s advice can involve some, or all, of the following:
- Suitability of the site in question (usually requires a visit to the proposed area and location).
- Potential target demographics / guest profile.
- Choice, design and placement of accommodation structures, reliable suppliers.
- Guidelines on relative planning requirements, and provision of industry professional supporting letter.
- Choice, design and placement of facilities, reliable suppliers.
- Services of trusted professionals – planning / business plan / finance consultants, construction contractors, landscapers, insurers.
- Potential rental fees and occupancy rates.
- Set-up costs.
- Contemporary, competitive, creative solutions to develop a ‘unique selling point’.
- Interior Design, themes, styles, furnishings, fittings, reliable suppliers.
- Exterior Design, outside leisure space, site layout and development using Permaculture Design principles.
2. Marketing & Booking, Relevant to Your Particular Accommodation, Site and U.S.P.
- Digital marketing, website design, PR, social media.
- Booking systems – either on your own website and / or via other online platforms.
- Photography and videography.
3. Review Existing Performance
If you’ve been operating for a while and business is slowing down, it might be time for a review. Guest expectations are changing and glamping is rapidly evolving, making it more important than ever to maintain a competitive offer. Sometimes however, objectivity around our own business can be tough, and it takes someone else ‘in the know’ to make an impartial assessment. Kate can identify weak areas and provide a plan of action to get those important occupancy rates and rental fees back on track. Her review service includes:
- Full on-site assessment, covering every detail of the accommodation and site
- Hospitality health check
- U.S.P. audit
- Review of occupancy rates and rental fees
- Critique of existing website / marketing platforms / PR
An initial no-fee 30 minute telephone or Skype consultation is usually enough time to discuss the project, concept or issue, enabling yourself and Kate to decide if there is potential to take things forward and work together. After that, the advice & design service is totally flexible so you can select the level of input you need, for example:
- A complete ‘start to finish’ package, seeing the project to completion.
- Advice for an isolated, specific phase or area of the project, or a particular problem.
- A mentor programme (including NLP Coaching), providing ongoing support during set up.
- Set your own budget, specify important areas, and a package can be created for you.
UK projects: The cost of an initial site appraisal depends on the size of the project and level of involvement, please get in touch to discuss your requirements.
International projects: Fees are usually charged per day plus expenses / travel, depending on the nature and size of the scope, please get in touch to discuss the best option for your project.
Kate is particularly keen to use her experience to help international ecotourism developments, especially in developing countries, if you are involved with such a project and would like Kate’s input, please make contact, providing as much initial information as you can about the proposed project.
For more information, or to reserve a no-fee 30 minute telephone / Skype consultation please complete the contact form: